There is no doubt that in your house, your bathroom holds an important position. Having bathroom makeovers on time to time basis is necessary, as this is a room that undergoes extensive usage every day.
There may be many other reasons behind doing a makeover. Since last few years, several water energies saving devices have being introduced in the market. These devices minimize the wastage of water. This may spur on a makeover. Your bathroom remodelling could also be spurred on because the electrical wires in your bathroom require changing. Electrical wires if not changed over a span of time start making the whole system energy inefficient. Proper ventilation of your bathroom would also result in cost cutting on the electricity part.
Bathroom makeover ideas that could give your bathroom a new look
When buying phones, cars or any appliances, you look at options which are new in the market and include latest technologies. The same holds true during selection of bathroom makeovers. Given below are some offbeat ideas that are sure to give your bathroom an elegant touch:
- If you live in old houses, your bathroom size could be small. Increasing the dimensions of your bathroom could be costly. Instead you can create an illusion with colours so that your bathroom looks bigger. This can be done by applying light colour shades and high illuminations.
- You can give your bathroom an antique touch like the 80s era. This effect can be achieved by using dark and rich colour shades, along with chestnut coloured cabinets and old big golden coloured mirrors.
- If you’re somebody who prefers private shower, then you can introduce the concept of separate showers for male and female. For the flooring you can apply horizontal dark borders on the corners and keep the centre, white in colour. If the space is small, look for mirrors which do not have borders on them.
- If you are tight on the budget and you have a small bathroom space, try not to incorporate showers, rather use a small bathtub and place cabinets attached with washbasins to save more space. For colours, you can choose limestone or light pink.
Add a classy and clean touch to your bathroom by keeping the flooring and walls in white marble. Putting white marble tiles accompanied by glass mirrors on the ceiling will make your bathroom look spacious too. The wall cabinets, shelves and doors can be of darker shades to maintain the balance.
- If you’re into floral designs and want to use them in your bathroom, then go for hacienda type designs which blend the rich and light colours under one roof perfectly. They use quirky designs for the tiles and contrasting wash basins and cabinets. Hacienda designs are popular for their usage of handmade bathroom tiles.
- In small apartments where the scarcity of space disallows fitting a big commode, it is suggested you go with the compact theme of commode style. Here, only a glass door is kept dividing the shower space from the rest. Apart from that, a tiny commode is accommodated which is attached to the walls. The interiors are kept simple with stone studded walls.
Choosing the best bathroom makeovers is not an easy task. Avoid choosing a design which will be difficult for you to maintain in the long run. The best bathroom remodelling, highlights three main characteristics in them, with the first being low maintenance by using materials which are easy to clean like glass or stones. The second feature is that it should consume less electricity and third being a light and cool bathroom with minimal detailing.