The perfect and right eyebrow shape can help highlight one’s face and personality. Thick, well-shaped eyebrows can make your face look brighter, while sparse and scanty eyebrows can make a woman look older than her years.
A person with thin eyebrows needs to understand that this problem can be caused by many different things. Some common reasons may include poor cosmetic application, over-plucked eyebrows, nutritional deficiencies, alopecia or hypothyroidism.
Chemotherapy or other cancer treatments are also the possible risk factors that may contribute to hair loss, including on the brow line.
While doing makeup for thin eyebrows to make it look thicker is also a good solution, you can try some natural home remedy to make your eyebrow hair stronger and thicker within a short time.
How to Grow Thicker Eyebrows?
According to 2005 study, the average growth rate of the eyebrow hairs was approximately 0.16mm per day. However, it may differ in different people due to various factors such as aging or lifestyle.
To make your eyebrows grow out overnight or faster, they need to be well hydrated and nourished. If you want to know how to grow thicker eyebrows in just a couple of weeks., keep reading this article below.
Here are the best natural home remedies to promote the growth rate of your eyebrows considerably.
- Coconut Oil
Packed with proteins and other nutrients like vitamin E and iron, coconut oil can help brows hair grow thicker, fuller and longer. Moreover, it is also useful for nourishing and moisturizing eyebrows from inside out and making it look darker and stronger.
- Apply coconut oil to your eyebrows and then massage the areas around it.
- Leave it on overnight.
- Rinse with warm water in the morning
- Repeat this simple home remedy once every day for at least three months until you notice a difference.
- Castor Oil
Castor oil is considered one of the most effective remedies to stimulate hair growth on parts of the face, including both eyebrows and eyelashes. Due to its high content of antioxidants, protein, vitamins and fatty acids, this essential oil helps add nourishment to the hair follicles, which increase eyebrow hair growth and thicken eyebrows. In addition, it can help destroy many of the harmful bacteria that hamper normal growth of your eyebrows.
- Dip a cotton swab in this essential oil and then apply it on each eyebrow
- Use your entire fingers and gently massage the area around your eyebrows for no more than 4 minutes.
- Leave it on for 2 – 3 hours and then rinse it off with warm water or a mild cleanser.
- Apply this treatment 3 – 4 times a week to get the best results.
- Olive Oil
Olive oil is packed with vitamin A and vitamin E which can help rebuild the hair follicles, leading to darker and thicker eyebrows. Plus, this oil is useful for boosting the body’s production of keratin and helps stimulate growth and thickness.
- Massage the eyebrows with drops of olive oil for 3 or 4 minutes before going to bed.
- Leave it on overnight
- Thoroughly rinse it off with warm water the next day
In addition to making your eyebrows thicker, olive oil is a best treatment for back acne.
- Fenugreek Seeds
Fenugreek seeds are also one of the most effective home remedies to get the bold and thick eyebrows. Hundreds of studies have suggested that nicotinic acid and protein found in it can increase hair growth fast and naturally without any side effects.
- Soak one or two teaspoons of fenugreek seeds in a cup of water overnight
- Grind up these soaked seeds until it becomes a thick paste.
- Use this paste on your eyebrows before you go to bed and leave it on overnight.
- Rinse it off in the next morning.
- Apply this home remedy twice a day for at least two or three months to get the best results.
- Egg Yolk
We all know that keratin protein is a key component in the hair of the eyebrows. Rich in this kind of protein, egg yolk is perfect for keeping hair strong and healthy, including your eyebrows. Moreover, it contains biotin (or vitamin B8 and B12) which can help helps your eyebrows to come through faster.
- Break an egg and then separate the yolk from its white carefully
- Beat the egg yolk to form a thick and creamy consistency
- Apply it on each eyebrow and then wrap it with a cotton swab.
- Wait for 20 or 25 minutes before washing it off with cold water.
- Aloe Vera
Aloe vera contains enzymes and hydrating properties which can help nourish the growing hair follicle and grow thicker eyebrows. It is also useful for removing excess oil and opening up follicular pores, thus stimulating eyebrow hair growth. It is perfect for thickening your eyebrows permanently.
- Harvest the gel from fresh aloe leaves
- Gently massage the juice over your eyebrows
- Leave it on for about 25 – 30 minutes before washing it off with warm water.
- Repeat this process for at least three months until you notice a difference.