You need to keep your drainage system clean. You can pour hot water mixed with vinegar to clean your sink and drains, but you clean the tree roots from your underground drainage lines.
Second, for clearing and relining blocked drains and pipes, which is not that easy, it’s undoubtedly necessary as we need it professionally and permanently for ourselves.
In this case, you can hire a professional plumber to clean and reline your drains.
How To Clear & Reline Blocked Drains & Pipes?
- In Homes: To clean clogged drains, we need to use a half cup of baking soda (inside the clogged drain). After that, we need to pour half a spoon of white vinegar into it, followed by fifteen minutes to settle it down. Naturally, baking soda and vinegar are the easiest ways of cleaning drains in your homes. Pouring hot water is also used, sometimes. Thus, clearing and relining blocked drains and pipes become easy. But, you cannot use hot water in your PVC pipes and you need to use warm water instead of hot water in this regard.
- Cleaning Outdoors: To overcome diseases and foul smells coming out from drains, we need to clean them on regular basis. By using bacteriological drain guard and removal of foreign substances (garbage disposal), we can clear drains on a large scale. You can hire a professional plumber for cleaning and relining blocked drains and pipes. They can inspect your underground drainpipes with CCTVs and they will find out the clogged areas of your drains. Afterward, they will remove such clogs and reline your drains with PVC materials. It will increase the durability of your drains and your drains will not get affected by tree roots penetration.
Harms of Clogged Drains
Open drain is the open invitation for several diseases, contamination of water sources, and unusual (unhealthy) odor. They also cause –
- Disturbance to Life
- Spreading of deadly diseases
- Breeding sites for insects that spread diseases (e.g. Mosquitoes)
- The traffic jam of unnecessary garbage
- Formation of toxic chemicals and smell
- Flooding and property loss
- Damage to infrastructure
- Spreading of Bacteria
- Stop on domestic water use
Where Are These Types of Drains Found?
Subsequently speaking, toilets and bathrooms are the most prominent place where you can smell a foul odour. They are the most common address for these types of drains and contamination of soapy water.
Sometimes, it’s also noticed that pipes in restaurants, public toilets, etc., experience blockage of water flow. For clearing and relining blocked drains and pipes in public toilets is extremely necessary as it’s in daily use and public service.
Reasons For Blocked Drains and Pipes:
- Flooding damages drain systems
- Earthquakes cracks pipes which lead to the flowing of water in between
- Accumulation of complex substances, stones, materials
- Sticky attachment of plastics with one another
- Biological wastes of animals with unnecessary debris (in case of public toilets)
- Formation of hard foreign substance
What are Drain Guards?
Drain Guard acts as the filter material of damaged water from more extensive materials to fall into it.
They can be seen in public toilets, bathrooms (even on banks of beaches), hotel rooms, guest lodges, drinking water filters (in public places).
This type of proper management, i.e. Drain Guards, makes it easy to keep larger particles outside and let only the water flow in.
Although, for clearing and relining blocked drains and pipes, we have many types of equipment (e.g. vacuum for dry drainage), chemical solutions, powders, and several types of designed drain guards, which we can apply (drains) and to get rid of it.