Are you on a hunt for a stylish, elegant and yet a cheap window covering? You must definitely go for Venetian Blinds since they are elegant and classic window treatment. With Venetian blind, you may control the amount of light entering your space.
- So, you tend to control the privacy. One can angle the blades and may either fully open the blind or partially open it. To get the maximum light, draw up the blind to allow the light stream to enter through the window.
- You will find the series of slats on the blinds that are connected by the cords. It is possible to angle the slats so as to close the blind or open it up. The cord may be used to raise the blind completely. If you are looking to clean the blinds, you need to follow certain steps.
- The blinds are fairly easy to clean and in fact, every space of your home can benefit from this kind of blind. Available in the moisture-resistant materials, the blind is also appropriate for the bathrooms. You may also use them inside your kitchen. Wooden blinds need special care, as excess cleaning with water can reduce the quality of the wood. The wooden Venetian blinds appear stylish and appealing. The blind may be used in the conservatory and if you install them in an observatory, you need to hire professionals to clean the blinds.
Steps on Cleaning Venetian Blinds
To clean the Venetian Blind, you need to follow the steps given below:
- It is important to remove the bed, sofa and other furniture pieces from your home before starting to clean the blind. Just remove the blinds from your window and rest them in the bathtub. Make sure you keep open the slats for a long period and the blinds are raised to let them touch the headrail.
- Make use of water to clean the slats and if you want effective cleaning, do use vinegar or alcohol solution. To wash the blinds, use high-quality soap if the items are dirty. Wear proper gloves or socks in each hand to clean the slats. Wipe off the dirt from the top portion of the slat.
- If willing to clean the slats inside the bathtub fill up the bathtub with water and keep the items inside. Allow the slats to soak for half an hour to permit the dust and dirt to loosen. Use a clean cloth to wipe off and to remove the dirt and dust.
- After you clean the blind, leave them for drying. It is good to hang them outside in case the weather is dry. Apart from this, you may also use a quality drier to dry the items.
What Are Some of The Merits of Venetian Blinds That You Might Consider?
- A Venetian blind needs the least maintenance when compared to other kinds of blinds. The process of cleaning is not very difficult. You just need to wipe off the blinds only occasionally.
- The blinds appear great in the home and blends with any kind of interior. Buy iSeek Blind’s curtains online. A Venetian Blind may be procured in materials like PVC, timber, aluminum or in any other material.
- It is fairly easy to install the blinds. They are available in different sizes to suit the standard window sizes.
- The Venetian blinds block the sunrays, dust and extreme cold, thus reducing your energy bills to a large extent.
So, it is pretty much clear that Venetian Blinds are easy to clean. They are also easy to install. You can either install them all by yourself or ask a professional to do the same.